In January 2023, the Ontario government announced a significant change in the healthcare landscape. Pharmacists were granted the authority to prescribe medication for specific medical conditions.
Despite implementing this new policy several months ago, families continue to require guidance and support from healthcare experts. They need advice on whether to visit a pharmacy for their medical concern or to seek additional medical attention at an urgent care facility or emergency department.
KixCare’s Kix360° membership gives you 24/7 access to pediatric registered nurses that can help assess your child(ren) and give you the advice and support needed to receive the most convenient and accessible care available.
What Common Medical Conditions Can Ontario Pharmacists Offer Prescriptions For?
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
- Oral thrush (candidal stomatitis)
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis; bacterial, allergic, and viral)
- Dermatitis (atopic, eczema, allergic, and contact)
- Menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea)
- Acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD))
- Cold sores (herpes labialis)
- Insect bites and hives
- Tick bites (post-exposure prophylaxis to prevent Lyme disease)
- Sprains and strains (musculoskeletal)
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
Why Has The Ontario Government Decided To Do This?
Allowing pharmacies to prescribe certain medications for common medical conditions, as well as enabling them to renew prescriptions through the pharmacy, makes it easier for Ontario families to get the care they need, as well as expand their options when it comes to making healthcare decisions.
How Does The New Rule Benefit Kix360° Families?
This change in the Ontario healthcare system allows KixFamilies easier access to medication their child(ren) may need.
Our health and wellness membership, Kix360°, offers 24/7 access to our team of specialized pediatric Registered Nurses who can give our KixFamilies: support and advice about their child’s condition, explain why they need the prescription, and how to take the prescribed medication, as well as providing ongoing management throughout the presenting illness – which the pharmacist may not be able to provide.
Our KixFamilies also have access to our pediatric Nurse Practitioners, who can diagnose, prescribe and make referrals to Pediatricians and Allied Healthcare Professionals as needed.
This allows families to feel supported during their urgent care concerns, but in addition to any urgent care matters, no matter how big or small the concern or question is, Kix360° is here to support all of your child(ren)’s health and wellness goals.
What is included in my Kix360° membership?
- 24/7 access to pediatric Registered Nurses
- Appointments with Nurse Practitioners
- Visites illimitées par famille
- Video calling and Messaging through a dedicated app
- Expert pediatric health and parenting resources
- Webinars from pediatric professionals
- Accessible, worry-free, professional pediatric healthcare
Visit our Employer Page or contact our sales lead, Linda Lachapelle, at email@example.com to learn more about adding Kix360° to your company’s Employee Benefits Plan.